If there truly was one miracle food or drink, then this may just be it. Green juices truly have the power to heal, nourish, cleanse and lift you up in a way that few other foods or ingredients can do. While coffee and sugar are used by many to give them a boost when needed, the reality is that the benefits are short lived and actually can cause more negative side effects long term.
Green juices, on the other hand, will give you what I call ‘a lifetime boost’. They don’t just wake you up for the moment; they wake you up forever. They are the fastest and most efficient way to get nutrients straight to your cells, the one and only place where your energy and source of vitality come from. Your cells is where your life is and green juices are their best friend.
While there are countless recipes and ingredients to make green smoothies with, here is a simple way to make them using basic ingredients. Don’t worry about ingredient quantities or how much you should drink. Forget the rules. Just drink green juice, as much as you comfortably can, for as long as you can. If all you can handle to start is a small 8 oz glass, that is fantastic! Meet your body where it is, enjoy every bit of green goodness that enters it, and keep focusing on making bits of progress. In time, you will surely become a green juice superstar, guaranteed 🙂
Ingredients that will give you lots of juice: cucumber, celery, fennel, lemons, limes, romaine, carrots.
Ingredients that will give you less juice but more strength: parsley, cilantro, ginger, collard greens, cabbage, kale, spinach, sprouts, wheatgrass.
- Clean all ingredients and remove roots and damaged parts.
- Juice one by one, alternating crunchy vegetables with softer ones so as not to clog your juicer.
- Drink immediately to avoid nutritional loss.
- Clean and cut your vegetables once a day or once every two days (no more than that as the veggies can spoil faster) to speed up the juicing process. Storing them in airtight containers in the fridge works great.
- Juice limes and lemons with the skin and seeds to get the most nutrition. A quarter lemon/lime per juice is more than enough to start with as it can be quite powerful.
- Ginger – less is more. Start with a quarter of an inch and work your way up.
- Dark leafy greens such as kale, collards, parsley, sprouts – start with a handful and work your way up as you get used to the taste.
- Dilute the juice with some spring water if it is too strong.
- If you need to store any juice for later, place in a glass bottle and fill all the way to the top, ensuring the least amount of air in the bottle. Then close tight and drink as soon as possible.
- Unless you have a rare sensitivity to raw foods or greens, you can’t really overdose on green juice. So drink as much as you can throughout the day and get ready to be amazed at how fantastic you can feel!
- Invest in the best juicer you possibly can. Fantastic ones for home use are the Omega and Angel Juicers. These are also fantastic for any type of leafy greens or sprouts.
Choose Healthy! Choose Happy! And live always as the best version of yourself.